1. Send a certified letter to BGE or Pepco stating that you do not want a Smart Meter replacing your current analog meter. It is also recommended that you send a copy to the Public Service Commission.
2. Join our organization by sending us an email indicating that you wish to be included in our mailing list for periodic updates. There is no cost to join, and it is critically important that we include as many people in our organization as possible so that we can maximize our impact when we meet with our elected representatives and the utilities.
3. Sign this petition which will automatically e-mail your objection to the appropriate legislators.
4. Post a sign on your analogue meter. It is possible the utilities will ignore this sign. Nevertheless, it is one more step we can take to show we do not consent to these meters.
5. Spread the Word and Inform Others Check out our resources for flyers, signs, and other materials you can use to inform others.
6. Volunteer. Every little bit helps. We have a variety of things that need to be completed independently or with others – some not requiring much time at all. Take a look at our current needs and lend a hand >>